A webinar is a useful to for a number of reasons, it can be used to:
- Share your skills and knowledge
- Inform in more detail of your services
- Teach about a product or service
- Answer questions.
Read more below on the benefits of hosting a webinar and grab some tips on where to start with one.
Gauge target market
Hosting a question and answer webinar provides the opportunity to share your knowledge with a current or prospective audience. You can get a feel for your target market in the way they participate online, the questions they ask, and their responses to your answers.
Garner new business
A recorded webinar can be shared on your website, social media platforms, or via email to those that couldn’t make it, plus current clients and potentials, thus increasing your potential for new business.
Reach new audiences
Invite recipients to share your webinar recording, and increase your audience, in turn reaching potential new clients.
Depending on your objective, topic, and the results you want to achieve, follow these basic steps. Start out simply and you can build from there.
- Choose an area you know well
- Set a date, one far enough out you have enough time to prepare
- Invite your audience to the webinar. Invite by email and share on your social media networks, ask others to share to their networks also.
- Invest in webinar software – we use Go To Webinar, who offer a free 30 day trial
- Put together your presentation (if applicable) - PowerPoint works well
- Practice your presentation (it can be inhibiting talking into a microphone, so get used to the feel ahead of ‘going live’)
- Practice with the webinar software
- Practice some more
- Host your webinar, have fun
- Review what worked and what you can improve on next time.
For any questions on hosting a webinar, get in touch with us.
Written by Kathleen Boyd