Other good ideas to avoid ‘that’ folder:
- Include accurate sender info.
- Always provide an unsubscribe function and check it’s working
Avoiding SPAM filters
There are many criteria used by spam filters; ‘spam points’ are assigned with higher the points, the more likely the message will be deemed to be junk. To avoid spam filters:
- Don’t use phrases such as ‘click here’, ‘buy now’, ‘free’.
- Avoid excessive exclamation marks.
- Avoid capitals to highlight content.
- Limit bright red or green fonts.
- Don’t send an image without text.
- Avoid sending to multiple recipients in the same company – a server could see this as an ‘attack’.
- Reduce the number of recipients in the BCC field.
- Always include at least one address in the ‘To’ field.
- Avoid attachments.