Read more to discover some simple steps you can take to help boost your business ranking:
- Search for your company name online, you won’t need to check your own website so use an advanced filter to remove it from your search results. Eg. type in “business name – site:email@example.com” this will give you search results for your business less content found on your website.
- Go through the search results and make sure any listings for your business are correct, if there are outdated details contact the organisation behind the incorrect listing and request a change, or change yourself if it is a directory listing you manage.
- Social media is a great way to get your business ranking, so if you haven’t set up your Google My Business, Facebook, Slideshare, or LinkedIn business page do this, it will appear near the top of the Google results.
- Look at other online directories that you can use to list your business, for example Yellow, Finda, Yelp, Chamber of Commerce, industry specific directories etc, and list your business with them.
- Google has made getting your business details online easy with Google My Business. This is a one stop dashboard for listings, search, Google+, YouTube, Maps and more. It is vitally important to have this business listing.
Having your business ranking on the first page of Google isn’t a one-off process - unless you are paying for advertising, and even then there are no guarantees. Organic searches change constantly and you need to carefully consider your search engine optimisation techniques, including keyword phrases, and then monitor how these are performing.
If you need help with listing your business online, get in touch with us today.
Written by Kathleen Boyd